Saturday, March 13, 2010

oh hello blogging world

I told you I couldn't stay away for too long, I'd miss it too much.  So anyways Im back! (for now at least) lol. Recently a good friend (and reader) of mine asked me about a dilemma that many women are puzzled with.  And trust me, its one that every one has dealt with at some point or another, and that is.....how to make your EYELINER stay put! First things first, it depends on what you are using, gel, liquid, and creme eyeliner are all fairly long lasting and it is their intended purpose to stay put on those lids!  But I'm talking about the waterline, what do you use there? Its an area where products have a higher tendency to run and melt, so I've decided that I'm going to go on a little eyeliner adventure and try out a few new pencil eyeliners to find which is best for long wearing waterline wear (redundant lol.)  A tip I do have though, regardless of whatever liner you have is that anything with a creme, soft kohl, that type of tendency will last oodles longer if set with powder.  So if you take a TINY amount of translucent or whatever powder you prefer and gently put it under NOT ON TOP OF where you put the eyeliner, it should stay put.  But anyways, I need to find a few more eyeliners to test out, I'm thinking three different ones should suffice.  So I'll definitely keep you guys up to date with that project. In other news I can finally say that I truly recommend the NYC Matte Bronzer in SUNNNY, I'm in love with this product.  To get the best application, in my opinion, take a dome shaped or a smaller blush brush, and start from where your cheekbones meet your hairline.  Then dab the product into the hollows of your cheeks right under where your cheekbones are, don't just brush it on, pat it in, it makes a huge difference, then if you want just add a bit more anywhere the sunlight would naturally hit you.  But this method does give you really flawless cheekbones and its a great contour. I love this bronzer! If anyone wants to know more about it, let me know :) Oh okay so in other news, I was at my local TJ Maxx the other day, and for those of you who are not familiar with that store, its a store which sells a variety of inexpensive designer labels for less (way less!)  And i found the most amazing shoes, for only $10, they are gorgeous and neutral and will complement so many looks, its great to find such deals when you least expect them.  The shoes are Seychelles which is a pretty expensive brand, and they went from somewhere in the $75-80 range down to $10.  Seriously guys, when you go to store like TJ Maxx or Marshalls, the most important thing to do is to look, and have a little patience, you never know what gems you'll find.  On a last and very exciting note,  I was just given the Urban Decay Hall of Fame Set ($20) by the most amazing person ever, thank you best friend! and lemme tell you guys, I AM IN LOVE (so far.)  The set comes with five of the company's most beloved products, and on the Urban Decay website its being sold for $20 (it was originally $29 i believe.)  Honestly, this set could have been worth way more, seeing as the XL Primer Potion it comes with retails for $23 by itself.  Now everything that the beauty world has hyped up about the Urban Decay Primer Potion, is pretty much accurate.  It is one of the best eyeshadow primers I've every used.  And it makes your shadows last for hours!  Okay so more on the Urban Decay Set in a later post, my fingers are aching from typing so much haha.  Thank you so much for reading everyone! :)





fun reads,
bella
ps: kim's my fave, by far.
images property of their respective owners.





No comments:

Post a Comment