Monday, December 24, 2012

one to watch. the hobbit movie.

confession:
i'm a huge nerd.

not really a surprise if you've read some of my earlier blog posts
but for the new readers
i really am.

school is one of my favorite things.
so is the lord of the rings series.

like many of us, it's one that has grown on me
and i really do love it.

that being said: 
last week, i had a chance to see the new movie
a prequel to the LOTR series

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

it's the first in what i believe is a trilogy
and it is excellent.

the movie score is my favorite 
followed closely by the gorgeous cinematography
it's really a feast for the eyes

it follows the journey of Bilbo Baggins.
and what a journey it is,
he encounter all the usual suspects (evil nameless things, crazy wolves, orchs, etc.)
the dwarves are what do it for me though



they were hilarious, heart-warming, and brave.
exactly what one wants in their heroes.

overall, i found the movie to be a fantastic watch and it didn't even feel as long it was.
can't wait to see how peter jackson interprets the book in the next installment.

let me know what you thought of the film.

xoxo,
Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment