Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ulta Buys :)

I was at Ulta yesterday, which is a beauty/salon store for those that didn't know, and i picked up a few needed things.  I wanna wait a few days before I do a full review on all of these products, just so I can test them out and give you guys my honest opinion on them.  So I picked up two NYX cosmetics jumbo eye pencils ($3.99-one in milk and the other in slate which is a dupe for MAC's Sharkskin), NYC cosmetics Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny ($2.99), Redken Satinwear 02, and some refills of products I already had.  I was super excited for the NYX pencils though, I've heard so much about them and I'm just really excited to try them out and do a few looks with them.  The Satinwear is a blow out lotion, and its used to prep your hair before you blow dry it, it works amazing plus it smells great :)  The NYC matte bronzer is another product I was excited to try because a) its being discontinued! :( b)its matte, most bronzers are shimmery this one gives you the perfect amount of all over color or just enough for some natural contouring of the cheeks and nose.  I will definitely let you know how that one goes, but its only $3 and you cant go wrong with that price, so its worth trying out for sure.  The NYX pencils were buy one get one free, which is the promotion Ulta is running on all NYX products this week, so if your looking to try out any of there stuff, now would be a great time to do so.  Initial reaction to the pencils are that they are super creamy and make a wonderful color base! They can really amp up a color and deepen it for more dimension, but I'll do a separate review on those soon, so look out for that :)  Here are just some pictures of the bronzer&pencils and some swatches of the colors, milk is a matte white & slate is almost metallic navy blue.





fun reads,
bella

ps: classic beauty

(This is just my opinion, I am not trying to endorse any products here.)


No comments:

Post a Comment