Saturday, January 12, 2013

a boot story: Old Navy Ankle Booties.

i've been on a massive hunt for some everyday ankle booties. the kind that are not only wearable but cute to boot (haha - get it?).  after lots of consideration and a ton of online perusing, i think i finally found ones that work for me and meet all of my criteria.  as you all know if you've been following my blog i was in L.O.V.E with the Acne Pistol Booties mentioned here, so much so that i made a "currently craving" post with similar booties dedicated to their likeness here. All that being said I was pretty much set on getting the Sam Edelman Lisle ankle boot (on sale via Piperlime) but didn't know how I felt about the 3 inch stacked heel. I was dropping into Old Navy yesterday to pick up another filter for my Bobble (which btw are on clearance now so if you want to pick one up for dirt cheap - check out your local O.N.) and saw that there was a shelf of booties to the corner calling my name.  I of course went to check them out, I had considered buying these Old Navy ankle booties, but I was weary of a zipper.  They did have the zippered ones, but a las not my size.  What they did have though was the Spring 13' ankle booties and they were pretty much exactly what I was looking for. It's like it was meant to be. So after trying them on in the store and doing an internal happy dance when they had my size, I picked them up in both colors. So here they are the Old Navy Women's Short Ankle Boots ($35 via Old Navy):

in black 

and in brown

What i love:

1. 2 inch stacked heel - comfortable, gives a little height, but still very wearable for everyday use
2. Elastic around the sides - makes it super easy to pull on and off (the little tab on the end is also pretty darn useful)
3. These aren't real leather but they actually look a lot more expensive and "real" on than they do in the pictures.
4. They have a grippy bottom - the insole is also slightly padded making them great for long term wear.
5. Aesthetically - i love love love the slightly rounded toe box, and that they look a tad been worn in already so if you scuff them up a bit it won't look ridiculous.

What i wish:

1. That they were real leather - however i do think that real leather would need a lot more care and consideration when wearing b/c it can get ruined faster.
2. The bottoms and the heel on the black pair were also black. (i like uniformity.)

Overall, I'm really pleased with my purchase, I wore the black pair for about 6 hours yesterday and they broke in relatively quickly and were totally fine by the end.  I also wore the brown pair out the night I bought them and found that they were quite comfortable for running around town with a friend. 

I'm planning on doing some styling posts with these later 
but until then,
here are some pictures:

(disclaimer: i have already wore them, hence why they don't look perfect! - i find this to be a better representation of the shoe though)





What do you guys think? Have you ever bought something that completely exceeded your expectations?

xoxo,
Bella



2 comments:

  1. I saw these at ON today and momentarily considered getting them even though I am not a bootie girl at all. You'll get so much wear out of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worn them in rotation everyday since I've bought them so I'm going to have to agree with you! Try them on though, you never know, you could be converted over to the "bootie girl" side. :)

      Delete