Sunday, January 13, 2013

Random tidbits.

Just want to share a couple of random things I've done over the past two weeks(ish) that I think you guys should definitely try to see if your in the NYC area.  

  1. Go see the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in NYC right now!!! I originally just wanted to pop in and go see what was new since I hadn't been in ages and I'm so glad I did.  This is one of my new favorite museums you guys, whenever we're in the city I tend to gravitate towards the Met or some of the larger, more well-known museums (since I feel like I can never see everything there despite how many times I go) but I really wanted to stop by MoMA and some of the smaller (some equally well-known), more contemporary establishments.  MoMA does not disappoint.  They had an Edvard Munch display (until April 29th) and we (I went with some of my girlfriends) were able to see his famous "Scream" painting.  While I thought it was lovely, I was more intrigued by one of the smaller, sketches of the painting in black and white.  I find that the build up to a piece is sometimes more interesting than the piece itself.  There were also some BEAUTIFUL Monets, a handful of Picassos, Andrew Wyeth's "Christina's World" (a personal favorite), a piece I loved by Whistler, and many others.  If you have a chance than I highly recommend MoMA.   I think I want to check out the Guggenheim next..
  2. The tree at Rockefeller Center. I think we went on the last weekend so unfortunately, this one is a no-go now, but I still think it's worth mentioning.  I go every year, and every year it still brings a smile to my face. There is nothing in the world quite like NYC during the holidays. The ice skating rink at Bryant Park is also another great holiday addition to check out if your in the city during Nov-Dec. 
  3. This is totally not NYC related but I also wanted to mention some great movies I've seen over the past few weeks! As mentioned in an earlier post, The Hobbit, is a great movie to watch if you can still catch in your local theatre.  Another ah-mazing movie is Argo!! I saw about a month (?) back and it still gives me goose bumps.  The acting was so on point, and it was intelligent, well-written and well-directed (go Ben Affleck!).  Completely recommend it! I've also heard great things about Django Unchained and Les Mis (although everyone seems to be a bit half and half about Les Mis).  I think my next movie will be Les Mis, I'll let you guys know how that one goes once I've seen it.
  4. T.V. shows to watch (haha once again, not city related) - now that I've been home for break (if you can call the two days I'm not at work being home for break), I've had some time to catch up on my favorite shows and a lot of them have come back (eeeep!). Here are my favorites:
    • Scandal - KERRY WASHINGTON is SO SO good in this! I love this show and I didn't when it first came out, but it has grown on me and I cannot recommend it enough now.  This is one of the most well thought out drama's playing out on TV right now, and it came back on last Thursday.  The basic premise is there is Washington's character, Olivia Pope, who is basically known as a "closer." She gets things done, gets mishaps handled, and is an all over kick-butt woman in a perfectly tailored suit (do not get me started on how absolutely fantastic the clothing is..).  She's in love with the President, who has a wife, blah blah blah. You have to watch it! One of my absolute favorites. 
    • Revenge - so this show is basically an addiction, don't watch unless you want to get sucked in. It's also one of those shows with about a million plot twists you didn't see coming, and it definitely keeps me on my toes.  I love the acting and the Hampton's fashion.  It's about a girl looking for, you know, revenge, but it's done in a way thats witty and smart. 
    • Suits - This show literally made me want to consider going into Business Law, I love Suits.  One of the best shows on television, without a doubt.  It's equal parts intelligent, sexy, and entertaining.  It's also coming back on this week, so catch up while you can! What is there not to like about attractive men (in suits, nonetheless)?





have you done or seen anything interesting lately?

xoxo,
Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment