Wednesday, January 2, 2013

missing pieces.

As I stated in my budget post, I need to spend money [more] wisely.  Purchases need to be more purposeful. useful. thought-out. I was reading a post by Franziska about "holes in her closet" and i thought it was a really fantastic idea.  So my plan is to now, as she did, create a list of missing pieces. pieces that i know would work in my closet and get lots of use. that are thought out and not just impulsive buys. (p.s. - i can also be a bit of a beauty girl at times so I'm adding that in as well)

I think I'll update this post every time I cross something off the list (or add to the list):

  1. Grey Blazer
  2. Nude pumps
  3. Comfortable black pumps
  4. Nude flats (preferably slightly pointed!)  (updated: Jan. 26 - they're not totally nude but they are classic)
  5. White silk blouse
  6. White oxford
  7. Leather riding boots
  8. Straight leg jeans
  9. Cashmere Sweater 
  10. Navy/Black leather jacket 
  11. A good LBD 
  12. Flat/low-heel ankle boots (preferably cognac or a darker brown?) (updated: Jan. 10)
  13. Navy blazer
  14. A black bag (i have one, but I want a more durable/timeless piece)
  15. A Balenciaga City or a classic Chanel double flap (i have to add these! even if they aren't yet attainable)
  16. Chanel lipstick (preferably a va va voom red like this)
  17. A foundation I can actually wear!
  18. A navy nail polish (there's a butter london one i have my eye on - here)
  19. Pencil Skirt (in any classic color)
  20. Clarisonic! (I've heard great things)
  21. A field jacket/casual jacket (updated: Jan. 8)
  22. A new pair of opaque black tights/leggings

this picture of the Balenciaga city bag (her's is with the "giant" hardware) made me really fall in love with the ease and simplicity of the design. it's the perfect designer bag (outside of classic Chanel and Hermes), it's distinct without being overbearing or superfluous. and that's why it's always on my wish lists!

what are some of the missing pieces in your closet/beauty routine? do you have any other ideas for mine?
xoxo,
Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment